One of the main steps of successful CSV import to PrestaShop is the preparation of your files. If the data in your file is wrong, your import will fail.
Luckily, PrestaShop gives an opportunity to use a sample CSV as a reference for preparing a file for your import. You can easily download it to your computer and check out the data in this file to understand how to create your own CSV file in the right way and without any problem.
2. Go to “Tools”. Then click on “CSV Import”
3. Now look through the list of sample CSV import files. You can download these types of files:
Select the sample you want to download and click on it.
4. Save this CSV file in a place on your computer where you can easily find it later before data import.
5. Right after downloading your sample CSV you can open and edit it (if necessary). Basically, it is possible to use any type of text editor for your CSV files. However, it is recommended to open and edit CSV using spreadsheet programs. It is easy to edit the rows and columns using these programs.
Working with a spreadsheet program you will be able to have a clear grasp of your CSV data, comparing with text editors, for example.
6. When sample file is open you can create your CSV. The easiest way is to delete all the data from sample CSV and just paste your own.
If you decide to create your own CSV file, use a semicolon as a field separator. Comma is usually used as a multiple values separator within your fields. In the end don’t forget to save your work in CSV format.
Here is a sample of common CSV file:
So that’s it. Now your file is ready for transferring.
But it is not enough just to prepare CSV files in the right way if you want to provide a successful import to PrestaShop store. You also need a good and reliable import tool that will help you to transfer data to your PrestaShop store easily and quickly.
So if you want to satisfy your clients with new products, save your time and nerves, all you have to do is register an account right now and enjoy your import.